- Master the fundamental academic skills needed to continue their education and pursue jobs that provide financial independence and personal gratification.
- Develop the skills of critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, use of technology.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills that are effective in both independent and collaborative situations.
- Develop intellectual curiosity and skills to benefit from learning opportunities throughout life.
- Demonstrate respect for themselves and others.
- Feel confident in managing academic, social and emotional challenges for successful outcomes.
- Behave with integrity and compassion.
- Embrace diversity.
- Become active members of their community and responsible citizens.
- Support the OSS community by serving as a mentor, volunteer, advocate and ambassador for OSS alumnae and students.
- Demonstrate leadership in their communities by being a role model for friends, family and community.